CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is a graphics editor created by Corel which you can download to perform high precision vector modification to images, create blueprint schemes for printing out data or create high-quality objects with the Mesh tool.
This free trial software may suit your needs in case you need a standard set of drawing tools like layer support, effect generation, particle reproduction or more advanced vector-levelling tools.
Even if you require something more specialized for working with web objects, it comes fully supported with content management functions and advanced integration features. Fully integrated support from multicore processing also makes this program a fast solution to exploiting your system capabilities.
Powerful image editing software
This suite has a wide the range of tools and functions. It supports some different file types such as multimedia web content.
One problem with this program is that numerous tools and functions could be confusing to new users. The complexity of some functions can be an issue, but if you require a good graphic editor, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is a good choice for achieving great results.
Tools and alternatives
The minor complexity issues that come with many of the tools tools are acceptable, given that the workflow and the new interface is easy to use. Whilst the interface is similar to the old one, it now allows a much higher level of customization and all the new tools are clearly visible.
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 Features
Below you can find the main features of this graphic editor:
- Corel Connect to find the correct content for your designs both in CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint
- Enhanced collection of templates, clipart, photos, bitmaps, presets, brushes and fonts
- Supports more than 100 file formats (JPEG, DOCX, AutoCAD, PNG, TIFF, RTF, and CGM)
- EPS filter to support files created with PostScript 3
- Adobe suite support
- New Guidebook to offer techniques and video tutorials to all kind of users
- New dialog boxes in CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint, Create a New Document and Create a New Image respectively
- Corel PowerTrace X5 enhanced with more accurate trace results
- Improved Drawing Tools and Curve Tools (B-Spline, Object Coordinates, Connector and Dimension Tools)
- Mesh Fill Tool to offer better color transitions and an enhanced Color Palette Manager with new Pantone profiles like the Pantone Goe system and the Fashion & Home Palette to customize your own color palettes
- New Pixel View to create your designs more accurately
- Round Corners option
- New photo effects in Corel Photo-Paint like Vibrance, Greyscale or Photo Filter
- Color Proofs option to test colors when you want
For further information you can visit the author's site .
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5 is a good solution when it comes to graphic work. It has interesting features that will make your work much easier with some practice.
You will be able to use it only for 30 days
- Broad spectrum of functions
- Intuitive interface
- Advanced functions
- Quick task processing
- Minor export issues
An Image-Editor that delivers a Remarkable Creative Power and Flexibility
By Maria Bernabe
On Wednesday, May 28, 2014
It may be hard to live in the shadow of those big names. Just like CorelDraw Graphics Suite it is always been overshadowed by the programs of Adobe’s much luxurious Creative Suite. However Corel’s flagship suite is continuing to play the game. What I like about CorelDraw is that they remain determined and made an outstanding update. In this version CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 has included applications for layout, illustration, photo-editing, animation and web graphics that is much better with prior versions.
In addition, I like the few modifications to the drawing tools and adding a few new ones. It also incorporates a new tool that facilitates you to link objects by connecting it with a line. Power TRACE lets you convert bitmaps into vector images with higher precision. Also, the Mesh-Fill tool is more resourceful and there is a new transparency option.
I believe CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 is one of the most extensive suites of graphics software available. It is also a lot smoother to handle, unlike its competition. For me, this software is always been the first choice since CorelDraw3 because of its versatility and a cheaper price than the other but yet powerful tool.
- It has much improved features
- It has a PNG support
- Some tools might be too frustrating for beginners
Experience this Exceptional Software that Covers all Grounds from Photo Editing to Graphics
By Isay Almenanza
On Wednesday, May 28, 2014
I am not yet an expert graphic artist, but I found CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 an excellent tool for editing and designing. This software is manageable to use and very quick to load on my computer. This program has a wide range of abilities to offer. These include the Photo-Paint editor, the Swish miniMax2 animation tool, and the new Corel Connect browser.
In my opinion, CorelDraw X5 has gone up a few levels. Performance wise, this program is quite fast since its multi-core support. Its interface is now more intuitive and the features are now more flexible than ever. This software is uncomplicated to install and it also has numerous tutorials to get you started. However, if you are well-informed about this program, you can just simply jump straight in the application proper.
All in all, CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 is a fine graphic software. The output quality of this software is very striking and its color management tool is astounding. If you want a powerful graphic tool with cheaper price than the other, CorelDraw X5 is the one for you.
- Features are now much flexible
- The performance is a bit fast
- Some tools might be confusing for starters
A Good Product That is Much Cheaper than Adobe Creative Suite
By Rose Sincro
On Wednesday, May 28, 2014
CorelDraw Graphics X5 is a multipurpose graphic design program that helps me express ideas for any media in a professional way. Illustrate, trace, layout, design web graphics, animation and photo edit with a whole solution for visual communication.
I have been using CorelDraw Graphic Suite for almost 10 years now. I use this software because it is simply a better, easier, more handy vector drawing tool than Illustrator. For beginners or for non professionals who need to create basic design work, this software is more easier to use than Adobe Creative Suite. Also, with this software I can now create a good-looking logos and signs to web graphics, animations, billboards and many more. Anything that you make you can publish to PDF for printing.
Overall, CorelDraw Graphics Suite X5 is one of the most influential and simple to use graphics programs out there. You must have this version because it will help you to create extraordinary designs faster.
- A cheap software compared to others
- Wide range of materials to draw on
- You have to learn the Corel way of doing things